New Sprint (RS) for 2019 ?

• I recently heard someone talking on a new Sprint for the end of 2019, using the Speed Triple RS 1050cc engine (150hp) and technology (intelligent key, traction control, digital dashboard,...).

I questioned the brand (Portugal) and was informed that it is not planned. Is it really?!

Someone knows something or this is false rumor?

If it's true, I'll start filling up the "piggy bank" …
    :whistle:

• I have big doubts, that ithis is only a rumor :cry::cry::cry:

I´m still waiting since 2010 for a new Sprint RS and If the big T will present a RS in 2019, I have a horible problem....... 3 bikes in my garage :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:. My wife will kill me :prohibit::prohibit::prohibit:

Cheers,

Joerg.

• I can't believe it. Would be a total surprise for me.

You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows

• Perhaps preparing for compliance with the new Euro5 standard by 2020.

Speculating on what might come, based on rumors:
    -1050cc tricylindric compressed unit :cheer: [This would be brutal!!!]
    -180cv 8500rpm and 135Nm 6500rpm [Dreaming…]

Could this be possible, tricylindric compressed unit?

I WANT ONE!!!
    :worship:

• I recently heard someone talking[...]

[...]based on rumors:[...]

Hi 2low,

Who is "someone" and where do you hear these "rumors"?

Sounds like a dream but knowing Triumph this seems to be extremely unlikely to come true.
    Sporttourer bikes didn't sell well for years, Triumph will neither have interest nor budget to invest into developing such a new bike+engine? for a niche product in a highly competitive market.

Even in our forum of enthusiasts, less than a handfull of people would buy a 150-180hp Euro 5 high tech Sprint RS for the price it would cost Triumph to develop, build and make money with it(~20k +€?).

So to me it sounds like this thread is based on its own unrealistic rumor...:whistle:

greetz

Robin

• Why not a H2SX rival? By ~25k H2SX se has good sales...

[read in a journalist forum]